Monday, July 31, 2006

Single Releases 31/07/06

What a god damn awful week it is for singles. Sure the latest Aguillera effort and the Paris single hit the shops this week - I believe that in some towns and cities you are still able to buy singles in the shops - but other than that it seems to be a whole load of records that I'm supposed to like but don't actually like at all (and let's be honest, those two efforts are only decent rather than brilliant).

To wit, you would think I'd love The Similou's 'All This Love' due to its funky electro pop beat but in actual fact it took all of one listen for me to get completely bored with the track. In a similar vein, Captain's 'Glorious' got a lot of cricial acclaim which had me curious about it and looking forward to hearing it. When I did however I was, well, bored very quickly with it.

Then take 'Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off' by Panic! At The Disco. It's quite a fun title isn't it? But quite frankly I hate the song itself. But then lets face it, I don't really like any of the other stuff they've done so that is hardly a surprise.
And lets face it, 'I'm Not Shy' by Frank proves what a rubbish week for singles this is. Yes, this is another rubbish one but it's such a poor week for singles that this is actually one of the better efforts this week. I mean come on, it's Frank we're talking about here.

I could carry on, dissecting the latest from TV On The Radio (I mean come on, isn't they only reason they're at all "famous" that David Bowie said he liked them) or The Raconteurs new one (which just proves that Steady As She Goes really was a fluke) but I've lost the will to carry on for this week.

No comments: