Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Nerina Pallot LIVE

See that bit in my concert list where it says that this was technically a Paddy Casey concert? Well you can officially scrub the "technically" as we didn't even stay for Paddy after Nerina had done her thing.

And she did her thing bloody well. Sure there were far too many Irish scousers prattling on as she played,but it shouldn't, and indeed didn't, detract from what I paid to see. Equally at home strumming a guitar or playing the piano, Nerina exudes star quality at every turn, and has a wonderfully witty turn of crowd banter but its the songs, in their stripped down solo renditions, that really capture your attention. The lovely lass played my three favourite songs first, which I am sure was just a happy coincidence..., but it's a mark of how good she really is that rather than losing my interest after that, it merely went higher and higher.

I also got to meet her after her performance, and she signed CD booklets for both of her albums. She also put different messages on each, which surely is a sign of a great woman. I know what you are thinking now, you are thinking Dean is waffling and prattling on, but really, Nerina is great in every single way you could think of. So I'm telling you if you get the chance, check her out!

And finally, apologies to Paddy Casey for not sticking around to see his set. But then again, I was seemingly the only person in the auditorium who recognised him when he walked through the crowd prior to Nerina's set, so really, I think me and Paddy are evens! :D Oh and if anyone who reads this was at the concert and has an unwanted ticket stubb, please let me know...I'm sure I could find a good home for it.

No comments: