Monday, April 11, 2005

Shakin Stevens - The Collection

Well, what can I say about this one?

Since I was about 2 years old, Shaky has been one of my favourites. Hell, I once wrote to Jim'll Fix It in hope of meeting the great man (I didn't, but I did get sent a signed photograph) and Shaky did send me a get well card when I was hopsitalised. But that is hardly the point here is it?

Quite frankly, this does exactly what is says on the tin. It's collects 25 of Shaky's greatest hits (including FOUR number one UK singles) and is pure joy from start (This Old House) to finish (Merry Christmas Everyone) and proves exactly why Shaky was THE biggest selling solo artist in the UK charts in the 1980's.

My personal top 5 Shaky singles would be (in no particular order) A Little Boogie Woogie (In The Back Of My Mind), Lipstick Powder & Paint, A Rockin’ Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love), I’ll Be Satisfied and, perhaps my favourite of all A Letter To You. Throw in the best Christmas record EVER, and a free DVD collecting 12 Shaky promo videos, and you have one bloody brilliant package. Buy it NOW!

Icon's View - 5 out of 5!!!!!

No comments: