Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Single Releases 26/06/06

Stripper (Soho Dolls) - Well this is just absolutely fantastic. Seriously it is. It's Ladytron meets Kraftwerk, and I absolutely bloody love it. So watch it fail to chart! :D

Weekend Without Makeup (The Long Blondes) - This is also fantastic. Its unashamedly retro, and I like it!

That Old Pair Of Jeans (Fatboy Slim) - A slightly different tune than you would expect Norm to come up with to shill his Greatest Hits album. It's good, but nowhere near good enough to move, say, Rockafella Skank from your brain.

Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson) - If there is one thing I cannot understand it's the success Kelly Clarkson has. She's not bad, far from it, but neither can I see why she's just, well, so huge. Case in point, this is a decent enough song, but isn't anywhere near the level of, say, The Veronica's or Katy Rose.

Sexy Love (Ne Yo) - Erm, quite.

Buttonz (Pussycat Dolls ft Big Snoop Dogg) - Now you see, whilst fully admitting that the PCD are scraping the bottom of the barrel talent wise, you can't deny that Don't Cha and Beep are quality pop tunes. This however is a bit rubbish. In fact, it's a lot rubbish.

She Moves In Her Own Way (The Kooks) - I don't really like the Kooks. But I have to say this is quite a merry and jolly little ditty that I quite like. Still, that new McFly one is better.

Made-Up Love Song #43 (Guillemots) - I never really know what to make of willfuly eccentric bands like the Guillemots. And after this track I'm still not sure what's going on. But this is a nice track albeit one where you think that there's just a little too much going on.

White Collar Boy (Belle And Sebastian) - Jaunty indie-pop, just as you'd expect really. As ever with B&S, for me the law of diminishing returns applies.

Enough Cryin (Mary J Blige) - Enough indeed. I didn't think she could "top" the disaster that was One. I was wrong.

No comments: