Sunday, March 30, 2008

Diamond Hoo Hah - Supergrass

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After Road To Rouen, which was a decent album without justifying the complete change of tone is signified for the Supergrass boys, it was perhaps inevitable that they should then come up with something more akin to 1995's I Should Coco.

Experimentation can only last so long with a diminishing fan-base.

And that's not to have a knock at the boys. The very fact they are here in 2008 releasing a brand new album shows that there is still a lot of love for them. Sadly, I don't have a lot of love for this album.

Quite frankly, I found it boring and plodding for the most part. To be honest it's only by the time I got to the final track, Butterfly, that I found anything I would want to add to a homemade Supergrass compilation. That's not to say that the rest is completely without merit, but it just doesn't excite me in the slightest.

But to put it into context, it's still a thousand times better than The Hoosiers.

No comments: