Monday, April 16, 2007

Single Releases 16/04/07

First off, Thou Shalt Always Kill by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip is absolutely brilliant. I listen to it with a sneaking feeling that I should hate it, but I don't. It's just awesome. In fact it's TOO awesome really. They'll never live up to this one, but for the moment who cares?

It's a million miles away from the turgid pile of nonsense that is Beautiful Liar by Beyonce and Shakira. What would have been wrong with injecting a little fun into the proceedings girls?

Not sure on the new Siobhan Donaghy one to be honest. And if I'd heard the new album before it came out ( ;-D ) it wouldn't make the decision any clearer. It's not bad, and "intelligent" "pop" is never altogether a bad thing but there's something that doesn't quite grab hold of you with it.

It's much easier to like Natasaha Bedingfield's new one. And may I just take the opportunity to say that she can gladly have my babies anytime she wants. Except tomorrow night, as I'm off to see The Pipettes that night, but other than that I'm free. I like how Tasha is mental, and this is one of her mental songs. I like it.

Of course the BIG comeback this week is Arctic Monkeys. Brainstorm is quite the tune as well. Sure it does all sound a little familiar, but its good. Only time will tell on the album front.

These aren't the only comebacks this week though. Hanson are as Hanson as they ever are these days (as an aside I am the only person who preferred Where's The Love to MMMBop?) whilst Ocean Colour Scene are as Ocean Colour Scene as they always are. Neither results in a particularly thrilling experience.

You Can’t Have It All by Ash is much better. I still maintain it's got a slight "disco" edge to it as well.

Shirley Bassey releases a single but as far as I can tell it's not the Get This Party Started cover. Which begs the question WHY not?

I don't like Mika. After Love Today, I still don't like him.

Lady Sov takes a turn for the worse with Those Where The Days. In fact it's pretty pitiful really.

I keep hearing Pop Levi's Pick-Me-Up Uppercut on Soccer AM. It's ok, but doesn't really thrill me.

You Are The One by Shiny Toy Guns is ace, but will flop no doubt.

Let's hope Macy Gray's comeback flops too.

And that's all for this week folks.

No comments: