Sunday, February 10, 2008

Amy Macdonald LIVE

I told you. Amy Macdonald has definately undergone the "tarting up" process that most female artists go through after an initial burst of success. Now my mate Alan thinks it's only natural she'd want to have shiny new hairdo once playing to bigger crowds; me? Well I'm more cynical.

I'm not for one minute suggesting she's gone all Aguillera on us, but you can definately see the polish.

None of which has any bearing on the concert itself of course. The only real difference from 2007's show was a slightly more boisterous (and bigger) crowd. The songs sounded as good as they did last time and she looked to be having a whale of a time. And whilst I fail to see how Macdonald could generate quite the enthusiam in people that some of the crowd definately had, there was little that you could criticise.

That is until she brought out someone who may or may not have been a part of Ocean Colour Scene...and then murdered one of OCS's songs. A misguided choice at best. But then again, I hate Ocean Colour Scene (they were the Hoosiers of their day) so I'm not exactly an impartial observer on that score.

Anyway, it was another good night and proof that Macdonald may well be around for the long-term.

No comments: