Friday, March 31, 2006

Single Releases 27/03/06

I was away earlier in the week, so this is a shortened version of the singles reviews this week, not least because I can't be bothered seeking out all those hot new hits.

Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me (The Pipettes) - Luckily though, I caught this on XFM Manchester last night (and thank you god for blessing us with that radio station). It's catchy and a whole lotta fun. Whether it will get annoying in time is not something I could bet against at this moment, but for now it does the job.

All Sparks (Editors) - As ever with these guys, at least from my point of view, this is good but not great. But it beats the pants off any similar competition.

When You Wasn't Famous (The Streets) - Ignoring the genius of the John Shuttleworth backing track, the big question surrounding this is just who is that delectable pop tart who Mike Skinner did the nasty with? Any ideas? To be honest, I don't care as long as it's not my Nadine. Anyway, this is yet another absolutely class Streets song and its really whetted my appetite for the album.

Black Sweat (Prince) - Somewhat of a return to form for the pop midget. Goes to show that when he puts his mind to it, he can still go.

Naive (The Kooks) - Well at least its an upbeat number hey?

You Have Killed Me (Morrissey) - Well you certainly know from the very first listen that this is a Morrissey tune. I'll listen to it on the radio, but I won't be buying it.

Raoul (The Automatic) - Nonsense, fun and disco bits...what more could I ask for in a pop tune . This is rather good indeed.

So really, apologies to The Secret Machines, David Gray and the Guillemots, but that's as far as I go this week.

No comments: