Sunday, October 16, 2005

NME Rock 'N' Roll Riot Tour LIVE

First things first. We didn't make it in time to see the Cribs. We simply couldn't be bothered queueing up and so we went for a swift pint, which turned into two. Still it was worth it for the Elisha Cuthbert-esque barmaid :D.

Well where do we start with Maximo Park....? I've heard great things about them and they certainly have had some good reviews. But to be honest, I thought they were pretty poor on the night. All their songs sounded very similar, and as I didn't like the first one they did it just got worse from thereon in. They were quite entertaining I suppose, but perhaps I'm getting old, but I just don't get the point of them.

As for the Kaiser Cheifs. Well its quite simple really. They have three quite good songs (Everyday I Love You Less And Less, I Predict A Riot and Oh My God) and this fools you into thinking they are better than they actually are. Well folks, it's all hype. Were they terrible? No. But they are hardly the best band ever to have written an album ever or anything like that.

So all in all, I was pretty underwhelmed by both the acts I saw. There isn't really much more I can add to that.

No comments: