Monday, October 16, 2006

The Hedrons LIVE

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh how I had missed the trip down Poolstock Lane. Needless to say it once again took me as long as it did to get the first 2 1/2 miles of my journey as it did to do the other 25 or so.

Anyway, first of all it was to Wetherspoons for the lovely delights of Blackberry Koppaberg, then it was off to KFC (with the "hilarious" site of that Chinese woman complaining "I don't want no breast, I want all leg") before going in some bar where the Beatles did something at somepoint. But with Stella at £1 a bottle I wasn't complaining.

Then it was off to the Barfly, except we went in the wrong way and set off on a Spinal Tap-esque search for the actual bit we were supposed to be in. When we eventually found it it's fair to say that it wasn't exactly busy, although the Gee insisted that it was busier than when he went watching The Like there. Gee also totally froze when one of the Hedrons came to the bar and stood next to him and as of that time I wasn't sufficently drunk to actually say anything to her either.

We caught the support act Hot Melt. They were quite good and I've certainly seen a lot worse over the years. I met the lead singer of them afterwards, in the toilets. I shook his hand (after he'd washed of course) and told him that I'd never heard of his previous band becuase I was more into the likes of Girls Aloud. Yeah, as you can tell, I was getting very drunk towards the end of the evening.

Anyway once again The Hedrons rocked my world. They really are good. And I'm going to keep on banging on about how good they are until you all start taking notice of me. They have it all, especially the tunes. There's no gimmicks here, this is the real deal.

The concert was also quite funny for the coronoary's Gee had every time the lead singer Tippi looked as if she was going to walk into the crowd again (he was still upset at the arms folded incident from last time ;-D). She did walk into the crowd for the last two songs and yes, I will give credit where credit is due, Gee did attempt to have a bit of a boogie.

After it was all over we went across to the Merchandise stand and as I was very drunk (as you probably can tell by the picture at the top!!!) by this time, the frivolity began. I signed up nearly everyone I know for their mailing list (so if you happen to get an email from the Hedrons you can blame me) in exchange for a plethora of Hedrons stickers. I then bought a couple of signed copies of their first single Be My Friend (as Gee, who was half paralytic by now kept banging on about how "they didn't have the white one in HMV" when he went in....no Gee, that's because that was a different single) and was thanked by Soup, I think, for buying the new single. She then explained the chart placings of it to me, adding that Paris Hilton was a bitch for charting higher than them. I then proceeded to tell her that Paris Hilton was the Gee's favourite (don't worry - he still didn't have a clue what was going on by now) which was quite funny. We then procured the neccessary pictures for the Wall of Fame and Gee started slipping into a Scottish accent. Thankfully they didn't seem to notice.

After that I made a promise that we would go an watch them in Manchester next month, which we will, and they told us to get down the front and dance...so that should be funny if nothing else.

If it wasn't for the Pipettes, The Hedrons would be my new favourite band. But even so they're still bloody brilliant, and I for one can't wait for the Manchester show and the album in early 2007. Check them out if you get the chance.

No comments: