Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sandi Thom LIVE

Well as I sit here writing this, please be aware that I'm ill. But then I guess that's what six or seven pints of Stella on an empty stomach does to you. As a result, I may not be able to impart my usual wisdom about an event to you as I'm not quite sure if I can remember anything.

Once again the "Dean's not driving so Poolstock will be empty" rule came into place so we were at the Oxford in very good time. From that point the evening becomes a bit of a blur. I remember having the Tracy Parsons discussion with Gee and Kate; I remember "discussing" the relative merits of Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors; I remember stumbling across to the venue itself and then...well I'm really stuck now.

I can remember the couple in front of us, I can remember the whole "Trio" thing and I remember thinking I was having a good time. I think I remember singing along to that Punk Rocker song and that Human Jukebox one. I also remember a very good cover version of Gnarls Barkley being thrown in and the fact that Miss Thom was actually quite funny.

So there you go; much like The Like in Oldham I can't remember much but I know I had a good time. It's easy to mock Sandi Thom (I should know, I've done it enough) but really she's quite alright. No, it's not the second coming of Carole King or anything, but it's still decent music to nod your head to.

Afterwards we had the pleasure of meeting the good lady (after being told to queue up at one spot only to be told she was somewhere completely different). I remember chatting to some women in the queue and although they probably didn't think so, I thought I was being very witty and charming. I do CLEARLY remember having to apologise to Sandi for Kate's constant use of the "F" word though and then trying to make up for that by telling Sandi "you're...erm..great." As meetings with stars go, I don't think I was at my best at this one. Ha ha.

So anyway, the upshot of this all is that I had a good time and I think Sandi Thom is quite good in small doses. I'm sorry this hasn't been the usual in-depth concert review, but quite frankly, you're lucky you are getting this much! Toodle pip!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh and I am NOT trying to feel her arse in that picture :D

No comments: