Friday, May 26, 2006

Gnarls Barkely - St Elsewhere

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First things first, Crazy. I know I was a bit down on it in my single reviews, but it is a fantastic pop single and you can't argue with 8 weeks (and counting) at number one can you?

But therein lies the problem. Crazy is a fantastic slice of pop (and ladies and gentlemen, just like the new Muse single it is indeed pop) and will indeed be remembered as one of the singles of 2006. The problem is that nothing at all comes remotely close to matching it.

Smiley Faces is decent but aside from that there's not really anything else I feel the urge to go back to. Overhyped, underimaginative and only as big as they are over here because they are American.

I'd write more, but to be honest I don't think you'd find "*INSERT SONG TITLE HERE* is pretty crap" repeated ad nauseum very interesting to read.

No comments: