Monday, May 29, 2006

The Like LIVE

...again :D

Although if Z-Berg's "Goodbye...forever" comments at the end of the show are in any way symptomatic of anything then it may well have been the last time we'll ever see them!

A few nice bottles of Magners with some "Down" fans in the Oxford and we headed to the venue right on doors opening time...and found ourselves once again right at the front. I took the executive decision to stand on the left hand side for once, although really I should have stood in the middle to get a better view of my Tennessee. It did mean however that I was able to get a lot of nice pictures of Charlotte, some of which are reproduced here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Still I managed to baffle the stage-guy (who seemed quite surprised when I muttered out loud as he put the set-lists down that the girls weren't doing Too Late) and fail miserably to chat up those two French birds.

Hilarity ensued from the onset as Tennessee, in a perfect Spinal Tap-esque style, couldn't find her way to her drum kit! I think the set list was as it was last week which was a minor disappointment, but I love 'em anyway.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


There seemed a bit of joviality going on, especially when Z-Berg started playing the wrong song and it was another enjoyable night. It was also notable that it was being filmed (for Channel M - come on Telewest, get your act together) not least beacuse one of the camera men was right beside me. It then became even more apparent that he was occasionally filming me, probably because I seemed to be the only person there who actually knew who The Like are, so anyone with that channel, be sure to check out The Like when they're on and let me know if I do indeed appear.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Of course, this being the Gee's favourite band the frivolity didn't end when the set did. I tried to grab Charlotte's set list, but couldn't. Thank the lord that he made Gee so tall as he was able to reach over and get it for me. An aborted look for the merchandise table later and we found ourselves back in the venue itself.

I cornered Tennessee to sign my set list (and I hope she didn't hear me swearing, if indeed I did swear) but she was as sweet as ever. Then I wandered over to get Charlotte to sign not only my set-list but also the CD booklets I hadn't been able to get signed by her last week. Then, despite saying I wouldn't smile the next time I had my picture taken I did indeed smile and, as you can see below, managed to once again look like a complete gifford.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Then, in a highly deflating moment if your name is Gee, Z-Berg recognised me (it's the pens) and flashed a cheeky smile and what have you at me. I think, in something I haven't done for about 10 years, I winked back at her. Of course someone had to borrow my magical pens again and after a last gasp effort to get young Xav to have his pictures taken with them (he wouldn't) it was off to the Pizza place (stopping only to steal a Cara Dillon poster) and then back home.

Another top night of entertainment. Let's hope they come back soon.

No comments: