Saturday, September 02, 2006

Single Releases 04/09/06

I won't be around to do this on Monday, so here we go.

Apparently, I missed Kelis' new one last week, although in my defence I'm sure it's only just out in the shops this week. Still, Bossy is great, although it's no Milkshake or Trick Me.

I also missed Ice Cream by the New Young Pony Club. That's quite fantastic too.

So apologies to both of those.

Anyway, on to this week's delights.

What If I'm Right may well prove to be phrophetic for Sandi Thom. After all I suggested that she'd be a one hit wonder (in spirit if not neccessairily in the "number one and gone" sense) and I suppose we'll shortly find out. Not as minbd numbingly rubbish as Punk Rocker (but then again, what is) but it's still dire.

Better is I Don't Feel Like Dancing by the Scissor Sisters. This has proved that there can occasionally be advantages to a song leaking. At first I didn't really like this (without either really hating it) but it has grown on me. Still it's not their best.

Rudebox seems to be polarising opinions. Sure it's lacking Robbie's characteristic touches in many ways but it IS quite catchy. Once again the curse of Robbie Williams strikes again. It's difficult to completely hate anything he does.

Starlight by Muse is another strong effort from them, but not quite as good as Supermassive Black Hole.

And thus, whilst Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado is strong, it's not as good as Maneater is it?

Sorry there isn't the "in depth" review this week, but I am a busy man :D

After a few days abscence though you can look forward to reviews of the English Young Gentlemens Club and Charlotte Gainsbourg albums...if I get around to buying them on my travels that is. Mind you, no doubt I will buy something so there should be some kind of a review up at least towards the end of the week.

No comments: