Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Single Releases 11/09/09

Well what delights await us this week? There is no time like the present to find out is there?

Lostprophets must be told that having, giggle, women kissing each other in their video's does not disguise from the fact that they are a Boy Band. That said, A Town Called Hypocrisy is a catchy tune and its the one that's been buzzing in around my brain since getting the album. So take that as you will.

Jamelia's not been so lucky though; Something About You isn't bad, but it's nowhere near the absolute stomper that is Beware Of The Dog (the one off her new album that rips off Personal Jesus) and as such it loses some of its appeal.

It is, however, the best song ever compared to Fergie's London Bridge. Where Is The Love has become Where Is The Tune? Still everyone these days is more concerned with how cool they are and how they're not pop at all. Which is ironic considering the Black Eyed Peas career trajectory, but that's another blog for another time.

You will be surprised to hear that Embrace are back in chart action sounding like they've never sounded before...no, wait. They sound exactly the same as they always do. Which, for you dear reader, may not be a bad thing. For me, well I've other fish to fry than listen to this trite "epic" more than the once.

Speaking of trite, we come to Katie Melua. Ok, ok. I only said that to wind Dave up. It's Only Pain leads me down a certain "pun" route but I will resist, if only because the track itself is probably one of her strongest efforts yet.

As I have said before, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly bemuse me. I just don't get it. The Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager (Part One) doesn't help, if only for the song title alone. And again the song is alright, but hardly sets me into hype overdrive on their behalf.

The Guillemots re-release Trains To Brazil. Which is cheeky, but we'll let them off considering the song is very good indeed. Still, don't do it again.

As far as the rest of the week's releases go, Larrikin Love's Happy As Annie is decent, but again I fail to see how it generates the hype it does; Milburn do a decent job with What You Could've Won, although really it fails to do Jim Bowen justice. Ne-Yo and Chingy are fine if you like that kind of thing (it's just that I don't) whilst Futures by Zero 7 feat. Jose Gonzalez is quite good too.

No comments: