Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Scouting For Girls LIVE

I know it's been a bit quiet around here lately but I've been a busy man; meeting a Playboy playmate has been just one way to pass the time recently. (No, really. That is the gospel truth).

But amongst all the fun I did have time to check out Scouting For Girls.

I want to say it depressed me greatly. To be honest, they're not very good. Admittedly place them side by side with the Hoosiers (just to pluck something from thin air there) and Scouting For Girls are the second coming of The Beatles.

I did however, have fun. How much of this was due to me being wasted on booze is open to question but despite the fact that the adulation for the band seemed wasted when you consider the populace virtually ignored Ben Folds Five back in the day one cannot be too churlish.

The girls in the crowd would have been out doing the rounds as sperm receptors and the lads would no doubt have been smashing car windows if they hadn't been having such a grand time with this concert.

So whilst I can hardly say it was great, everyone else seemed to be enjoying their pretty little heads off. And who am I to argue with that?

No comments: