Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Trick To Life - The Hoosiers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One review of this album suggested that this is exactly the kind of non-threatening album that seems almost perfect for Virgin Radio Drivetime.

And no, that's not a compliment.

And if I'm being honest there's not an awful lot more that I can add to that description. It sums up the entire Hoosiers project entirely.

I'm not sure if it's the incessant "wackiness" the band seem intent on proving that they have, the idea that they seem to think that they're just so much "fun" to listen to, the terrible singing or the ripped off melodies that annoy me the most with this album.

I was brave; I saw it through to the end. But at the end of it all a great violence was welling up inside me. I hope I never have to listen to this again.

The Feeling have an awful lot to answer for by making 70's style AOR pop music "fashionable" again.

No comments: