Monday, March 26, 2007

Single releases 26/03/07

I do apologise in advance for the brevity of this post.

Thing is there's just not a whole hell of a lot that excites me this week, and I haven't the time for my ususal in-depth trawl through the singles that will never chart.

I mean take Melanie C. She's quite popular in Europe apparently. She should stay there if I Want Candy is anything to go by. And why on Earth did she get Carol Vorderman to stand in for her in the video?

What?

That is Mel C? Dear me.

Anyway.

Just as bad is Candyman by Christina Aguilera. IT IS NO LONGER THE 1940'S CHRISTINA!!!! I wouldn't mind but the song is awful. Don't be fooled into thinking it's "catchy". It's not. It's rubbish.

And despite the backing of Popjustice, which is usually in tune somewhat with my tastes, I can't warm to Konichiwa Bitches by Robyn. It's ok, that's about it.

Not keen on the Kings Of Leon at all.

Ditto for Patrick Wolf. I just don't "get" him.

Look I know I say this every week these days, but I'll make more of an effort next week. I promise.

No comments: