Friday, July 06, 2007

From Paris To Berlin - Infernal

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


There is a moment in the track A To The B that is so laughable that you have no option but to admit to yourself that you're actually having a good time listening to this somewhat dreadful album. If the lyrics themselves ("You see, it seems to me that all us strong, independent women make men lazy. All of a sudden they think they don't have to court us properly. But boys let me tell you something: there's nothing like a man who knows how to treat a lady") aren't enough to have you giggling then the transvestite looking (although I'm sure some of you still would) singer's horribly faux posh British accent as she says it sure will floor you.

It gets better. My absolute favourite has to be "When you nibble my ear, the bass is softly pumping when caressing my rear". Crucially it proves that whilst they appear to be serious about their "art", they're not too serious.

And therein lies the rub. I am not in any way suggesting that this album is in any way good, but neither can I deny it's entertainment factor. It's cheese, for sure, but it's enjoyable cheese and a guilty pleasure if you're the kind of person who, back in the day, bought something by Aqua or The Real McCoy or Maxx but would never admit it. Not that I'm making any comment on that myself.

And anyway, to put it into perspective its a hell of a lot better than the likes of Cascada.

No comments: